Sunday, October 31, 2021

Day 31: "Dear MBC"

 October 31, 2021




Dear MBC,


It’s Halloween! That means my month of writing to you is over. It’s been a good day… but right now you have my stomach in knots and my head hurting. I’m making myself some “Love” tea. I haven’t had it in forever! Tea always makes everything better. Ok, I just took a sip and my teeth hurt. #Weird. 


For those of you who have been reading my diary… I hope it has given you a small glimpse into what living with metastatic breast cancer is like. Some days are good. Some days are bad. Some days are up-and-down. MBC teaches you to roll with the punches. To cut yourself some slack. To listen to your body even when you don’t want to. MBC teaches you to be grateful for the little things and celebrate even the smallest victories. It teaches you to embrace the sucky moments and cry it out… but to keep moving forward. Accept. Adapt. Appreciate.


I hope you’ve recognized some of yourselves in my posts. I hope they’ve brought you light in the darkness… even through the fog. I hope they’ve given you a different perspective from whatever bench, sofa or chair you’re sitting on. That you realize you have a choice in what you see in life. Do you choose to see the joy or do you just see the bad? Accept. Adapt. Appreciate… and keep going knowing that you matter. That your story matters. That you are still growing and learning.


I’ve learned “God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers,” so the saying goes. Well give me my helmet, my bat and my Cancer Crusher jersey. I’m ready for battle. I may get wounded and sidelined but this soldier will always dust herself off and march on.


Till tomorrow MBC.



Sincerely,

Jessica


P.S. The “Love” tea is helping a little. So take that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment