Thursday, October 14, 2021

Day 14: "Dear MBC"

 October 14, 2021



Dear MBC,


I don’t have much to say today. I’m really fatigued and have a really sore joint shoulder/armpit area that has me wondering if I slept on it funny or if it’s something else. Overall, it’s been a good day! I actually ate a meal. I’m super happy about that. I had an egg sandwich and hash browns. I know that doesn’t seem like an achievement but with the no appetite and off taste you cause it’s a big deal. It has me worried what kind of side effects my new chemo will cause when it comes to food. This day was good though. I do enjoy this third week before my next chemo infusion. My cycle… as you know MBC… is every three weeks. The first and second weeks are usually a hand toss in terms of how I’ll feel. It’s legit day to day. The third week… especially the later part… is typically when I feel the most “normal.” The fatigue is always just exhausting. Constipation is always something I need to contend with. However, my appetite improves and I just feel a bit “normal.” I can’t explain it. You just make me feel less gross and sick. I appreciate that. I just hope the new chemo wrangles you in and stabilizes you. The changing of chemo not only causes me anxiety but means another treatment failed me. I hope this new chemo attacks the crap out of you. 


I’m calling it a night as my eyes just got blurry and I’ve hit a fatigue wall. Time for some self-care. Till tomorrow MBC. 



Sincerely,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment