Thursday, November 25, 2021

A Day of Thanks

It’s Thanksgiving and I just want to wish you all a happy and healthy holiday. I haven’t written a blog as there’s not much to update you on… yet. The end of this month and December is stuffed with chemo, scans and appointments. Today, I am focused on gobbling up food and making new memories.

I am working and I am grateful for that. The co-workers, family and friends who have supported me via texts, gifts and messages. I am grateful for all of you. Every Facebook comment, card, delivered meal and “check-in” text are all things I cherish and am thankful for. Every… single… one. Every... single... day.


I am just grateful to be here today. Alive! God has granted me another Thanksgiving. I am not in the hospital. I am not puking into a toilet. I am not bedridden. I am just grateful. I’m looking forward to spending part of the day with my parents. Without them and their never-ending love and support I’d be nothing. They visit me daily. They drive me to appointments (my vision still stinks). They feed me and shop for me. They are unsung heroes on this journey. 


This journey is one you all make bearable. I wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving! I’m sending love and light to those who are missing loved ones today. I know the holidays can be tough. Be grateful for the memories of those angels watching us today. They’re smiling down upon us and here in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment