Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day 2 "Dear MBC"

 October 2, 2021



Dear MBC,


It’s Saturday and you listened. You let up on the hot flashes last night. Thank you! I only had two! However, I woke up feeling like ass. Womp. Womp.  I had hopes of going for a morning walk but legit couldn’t get out of bed. The base of my neck hurt and my bones hurt. I’m assuming it’s the bone medication kicking in. It’s strengthening the few bones you’ve taken over. I ain’t letting you break any of my bones MBC! That ain’t happening. I also take some supplements on top of the bone med to fight off anything you try to fracture or weaken. Pow Pow!


Mentally, I’m just meh right now. I’m typing this at 8:30am. It took a lot of energy for me to make coffee this morning. Thankfully, you’re allowing it to taste like coffee. #Happy. However, now I want to make breakfast and just don’t have the energy at the moment. This is when we have to work together. I need to listen to what you’re telling me. You’re telling me to rest. It’s the weekend. You’re not up at 4am to work. So, I stayed in my pj’s and turned on the WGN Morning News and sipped my coffee. 


It’s now nearly 4pm and I’m still in my pjs. Thanks to your fatigue I’m also still planted on the sofa watching tv. I finally was able to eat something. MBC… you've taken away my appetite and my taste since Sept 2020. Sometimes you decide to let me taste things and I’m so happy for that. However, I'm not happy you've destroyed my love for food. Nachos, pizza and salads are just some things that just taste crappy now. They used to be my favorite things to eat. I really dislike you for that! You've stolen the joy of eating from me! I hope you decide to return it to me one day. FYI: I just had some veggies and hummus. The taste was just off but I ate it anyway. So there! *Sticking out my tongue*


Today has been a struggle for me but it’s been relaxing as well. I think you’re just telling my body it needs to rest. Some dark, stormy clouds are hanging over Chicago. It’s perfect for an aromatherapy shower, candles and music. I think that’s my agenda for the rest of the evening… if I can keep my eyes open. So… tired. 


Till tomorrow.



Sincerely,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment