It’s the final day of my 30‘s. I’m going to embrace it by sharing a little of what I learned over the years ... from childhood up to last year. Here’s to the Fab 40’s!
1. Family is forever
2. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side
3. Find your passion. It’s okay if you don’t know what that is.
4. Some friends are meant to be with you for a period of time. Others are for forever.
5. Spend money
6. Save money
7. Be a risk taker
8. Smile more
9. It’s okay to fail. It’s what makes you stronger.
10. Be giving
10. Be thankful for what you have-- not what you don’t
11. Remember where you came from
12. You do turn into one of your parents as you get older ... well a little
13. Just be
14. Be proud of your journey. We all start somewhere.
15. Don’t close doors that are half open
16. Fall in love at least once
17. Embrace your curls
18. Don’t apologize for doing things that make you happy
19. Thank your parents. They put up with a lot.
20. Travel as much as you can
21. Don’t work your life away
22. There’s nothing wrong with being single. Finding love takes time. Don’t settle.
23. You learn who your real friends are during your darkest moments
24. Drink tea. It’s a cup of happiness.
25. Admit when you’re wrong. It’s not a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of strength.
26. Don’t throw away your shot
28. When you have a bad day remember someone out there is having a worse day
29. Life is short
30. Years fly by the older you get
31. Call your parents daily and tell them you love them
32. Celebrate your Birthday. You never know if it will be your last.
33. It’s okay to call out sick. Your colleagues will be okay.
34. Bungee jump
35. “People be crazy.” It’s a fact of life. It’s how you deal with the crazy that matters.
36. Ask questions
37. Dance around your apartment, home, condo (etc). It will make you happy!
38. Let it go
39. Embrace your imperfections. It what makes you special.40. Even if you don’t take it ... listen to your parents advice.