Thursday, October 21, 2021

Day 21: "Dear MBC"

October 21, 2021



Dear MBC,


I didn’t have much to say yesterday so I gave myself the night off. I didn’t feel guilty about it. In the past I might have. I do what I'm able and that’s fine by me. Fatigue and constipation is really starting to hit me. You haven’t knocked me out. You just have me moving like a blurry-eyed sloth. I’ve been working. I’ve been eating a little. I’ve been moving around the apartment. I’m still standing MBC! Honestly though… the fatigue is just annoying. My eyes are half shut as I type this. I have NewsNation on but reading the banners and scroll is difficult. I used my eye drops but they’re not helping too much. These are Rx drops too! They cost $100. That’s another thing MBC… you are expensive. I honestly don’t know how those who can’t afford health insurance, or don’t have access to it, handle the added financial stress. It can be financially stressful with insurance. 


You are relentless MBC. Fellow MBC thrivers I follow on social media are struggling as a few learned their scans show progression… their treatment failing them. Some are switching to a new chemo and others are re-starting. While we all want to find new treatments to prolong our lives and improve our quality of life… ultimately it’s a cure to crush you we all pray and hope for. From extra weight to lost lb’s… from foul tasting food…to migraines. From fatigue to bone pain… to vomiting and nausea… you try to take over our bodies. Sometimes you instill fear in us but we will always continue to fight. 


Till tomorrow MBC.



Sincerely,

Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment