Friday, October 8, 2021

Day 8: "Dear MBC"

 October 8, 2021


It’s finally Friyay! YAAAAAY! I’m so happy to be able to sleep in tomorrow. I’m doing okay. I had a nice acupuncture appointment. I’ve walked nearly 3 miles today. That is a lot for me and so that makes me happy. It wasn’t intentional but that’s what my steps add up to so far. 


My throat is killing me. It really hurts to swallow. I’m not sure what that’s about, MBC. Are you playing an early Halloween trick on me? I’m not finding it spooktacular! I mean maybe it’s not cancer related at all and it’s just a sore throat. That’s the thing about having cancer. Sometimes it’s hard to determine what are cancer side effects and what are cold/flu symptoms. Maybe it’s acid reflux related? Who knows. I probably should have emailed my team about it. Now, it’s too late. I’m drinking some Throat Coat tea with honey. Perfect for the rainy afternoon we had here in Chicago. #TeaTime


I think the rest of my night will be self care. I got a new pumpkin, in-shower, mask from The Body Shop. I can’t tell you the last time I bought something from that store! LOL. I think it was in high school. My friend Allison loved that store so I tried out their products. That was a looooong time ago. I ordered some pumpkin body gel and I think some moisturizer with pumpkin too. Those items haven’t arrived yet. Just something to look forward to.


While I haven’t been able to eat much today due to no appetite and my throat… I did make sure to make donations to The Salvation Army and the Greater Chicago Food Depository for Thanksgiving meals.


I’m just happy it’s the weekend. Till tomorrow.



Sincerely,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment