Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Day 19: "Dear MBC"

October 19, 2021



Dear MBC,


I’m feeling a bit better today, so thank you. I crashed in bed last night after I wrote to you. I was up early for work and felt good enough to work. I then had to deal with health insurance and was off to acupuncture. I went for a short walk and did eat a tiny bit! Yay! However, now I feel really sick and vomity so maybe I ate too much? I just had some veggies and hummus and some dip and chips. Both tasted decently and not like cardboard so that was good! I fear that crazier side effects may hit Thursday and Friday like my previous chemo. Maybe not though?  Overall a much better day, so thank you MBC. I’m proud that I was able to accomplish all the things I did today but now need to rest. Why? My fatigue is getting worse. I’m watching “Maid” and currently re-watching “Madam Secretary” on Netflix. Oh! I see a new season of “The Babysitter’s Club” is available on Netflix too! I grew up reading those books! That series… along with “Satin Slippers” and “Sweet Valley High” were among the books I read growing up. Also, “The Cricket in Times Square” and that set of books had me hooked during my years at Middleton Elementary School. 


Till tomorrow. First, some tea.




Sincerely,

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica - (I just wrote a comment which accidentally deleted so hopefully this doesn't duplicate.) I've been reading your posts over the last several months but haven't written as I wasn't quite sure what to say. But I think it's time - one of your recent posts about staying in the moment, being present and measuring your day based on this rather than your things like productivity really resonated with me. Your words are inspiring and honest and you show such resilience. You may not remember me but we went to junior high together so so long ago. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts. Thank you again for sharing. Agatha (Connolly).

    ReplyDelete