Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Day 12: "Dear MBC"

 October 12, 2021



Dear MBC,



You’ve been pretty decent to me today. While you’re still messing up my taste and appetite I actually felt halfway decent. I wasn't too fatigued. I worked. I got all my snail mail out. I got some new Nike’s I ordered and did a happy dance! Seriously, I’m addicted to these specific Nike’s but only buy them on sale. It’s like when you find a favorite shirt so you buy it in different colors. However, mine is with this particular sneaker. I’m weird. I know. I’m finding it’s the little things that happen during my day that bring me joy. Yes, the sneakers are silly but the comfort they bring my feet bring me joy. Watching football with my dad. Sometimes the thing that gives me joy is a good story I find for work. It may sound odd to you but the thought the story might make it to air and bring joy or inform those watching brings me joy. The scent of my candle made me smile today. It was just cozy and anything cozy brings me joy. I ate a waffle and it tasted like a waffle and that brought my joy… especially because the egg sandwich and bagel I previously tried to eat was nastified. 


Living with you, MBC, is challenging and that’s why finding the joy in something every day is so important. You try to beat me down but even on those dark days I can always find at least one thing that gives me joy.


You, MBC, do not give me joy. I just want you to know that. However, you have given me my daily joy journey.


Till tomorrow.



Sincerely,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment