Friday, October 15, 2021

Day 15: "Dear MBC"

 October 15, 2021



Dear MBC,


It’s finally Friday! Yaaaaaay! My appetite is good. I worked and went to acupuncture. I got “smoked out” with moxa. That’s what my acupuncturist calls what she and her colleague does with the moxa. Now I’m resting and munching. I am grateful my food tastes somewhat normal and that I’m eating.


What’s not good is how tired and fatigued I am. I’m exhausted because I got no sleep! You know it’s bad when you email your oncology team at 9pm about pain. I was good yesterday. However, after I wrote to you, MBC, this awful pain in my right teres major muscle popped up. Yes. I googled a muscle anatomy picture because I didn’t know how to describe where my pain was. I had felt a dull pain earlier in the evening but didn’t really think much of it. I went to lay down and that’s when it really got bad. I could barely pick up my iPhone! I was in pain. I felt a wee bit better in the morning but I’m still in some pain. I’m curious how I’ll feel when I go to bed tonight. I do believe the acupuncture needles used today helped.


I just never know what you’ll surprise me with MBC. You’ve been a mixed bag the past 30 hours. I am going to have some dandelion tea, shower and hopefully have a nice sleep. 


Till tomorrow MBC.



Sincerely,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment