Monday, October 18, 2021

Day 18: "Dear MBC"

 October 18, 2021



Dear MBC,


This is going to be short. I was up earlier than usual to get some work in before having to leave bright n’ early for the hospital. I didn’t sleep too great last night but it wasn’t too bad! However, I went to make coffee this morning and sprinkled paprika into my coffee instead of cinnamon! Oy vey! LOL I met with my oncologist. I honestly didn’t have much to say. I knew the nurses would go over the new chemo with me. He asked about my eating and I told him about the pain I had last week. It was a very routine visit… in my opinion… despite the fact I was changing to a new chemo. This chemo is similar to my last one. It has a couple different restrictions and some new possible side effects on top of the usual ones. The top one… fatigue. As you know that’s a new one, MBC. However, it’s supposed to be pretty bad with this chemo. Really? Like how can it be any worse?! Never mind. It can be so I take that back! 


Usually, when I get home from chemo I can eat and have some energy and feel pretty good. It’s usually not until the later part of the week when I start to feel crappy. Today was different. Today I was completely wiped out. My parents and I ordered food. I wasn’t able to eat any. I went to sleep on the couch and was there for a long time. That has never happened with any of the prior chemos I had. I’m curious how I’ll feel tomorrow. I did eat a little something. Veggies and hummus! I also had a few marshmallows. I know! I know! I put them away. LOL Sometimes you just want a fluffy cloud of sugar. I’m going to go wash the hospital off of me and drink water.The nurses were all like hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and hydrate more. 


Till tomorrow MBC. 



Sincerely,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment