Friday, October 1, 2021

Breast Cancer Awareness Month-"Dear MBC,"

It’s October 1, 2021.  Breast Cancer Awareness Month has arrived.  My experience with it now, as a Metastatic Breast Cancer Thriver, is much different then it was in 2016 as a Stage 1 warrior. Cancer is not good… period. It doesn’t matter if it’s a small area or if the cancer spread. Nobody deserves a cancer diagnosis or wants it. My hope, this month, is to bring some awareness to MBC. While I celebrate all the survivors who finish treatment… there are thousands of us who, likely, won’t get off the hamster wheel. We go around and around with appointments, treatments and side effects. It’s a battle for life every day. Our friends and family go on it with us. So, for October, I am posting a daily “Dear MBC,” entry to my blog. Please feel free to share the link: #BreastCancerAwarenessMonth #MBC 

https://theworldaccordingtojaz.blogspot.com/


Unlike my previous blog posts… this will dig a little deeper into my daily life. How I’m feeling. What I’m doing. What I’m not doing. What I’m struggling with. I am a hopeful person. If you have been following my journey you know that I am a very positive person… but let’s be real. MBC can be a daily struggle and is glossed over sometimes (I feel) in the breast cancer community. Somedays I crush it. Other days I don’t. That’s okay. That relates to everyone. Sometimes you have an amazing day and other days you just don’t. I hope my entries will inspire you to share your stories. To realize that no matter what you are going through you are not alone. I hope you recognize yourself in my diary entries. You are okay and there is hope, love and light. Sometimes you don’t feel or see it but it is there. As one woman once wrote: 


“Remember, when you light someone else’s wick, your fire doesn’t go out. Instead it multiplies. And that person can pass it on to the next. The more candles you light, the more we unite and the brighter the world will be.” -Ashley Lord


I’ll be posting “Dear MBC,” starting tonight...every evening at 7 CT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment