Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GTD "Getting Things Done"

Getting Things Done. That's what I've been trying to do. I Googled it and found that GTD is actually a book and a method that Wikipedia describes as "... resting on the principle that a person needs to move tasks out of the mind by recording them externally. That way, the mind is freed from the job of remembering everything that needs to be done, and can concentrate on actually performing tasks." Um, yeah. Where is one of the now seven bottles of wine I need to drink before I move?! That's just way too deep for me.

Anyway .... check. Check. Check. That's what I find myself doing now. The last couple of days I've been checking off things from my "To Do" list for the move. Oye vey! While I'm no stranger to big moves I forgot how many little details there are. Luckily, each day, I continue to check off items and each day I deal with people with patience. Patience. I'll have to remember to put that on my "To Do" list so I remember to pack it! In the meantime, I've found online "To Do" lists that you may find helpful. I haven't used them but they look neat. You can let me know (the link is at the bottom of this post).

One thing that's never being checked off my "To Do" list is enjoying each day in the Windy City, my family, friends and co-workers before I leave for New York. I know they won't be far but it's still bittersweet.

Oh! I've realized over the last couple of days things to add to my mental check list.
Work Hard: Check
Play Hard: Check
Smile: Check
Be Better: Working on it

Tootledo for now!










No comments:

Post a Comment