Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vroom! Vroom! Off To The DMV

Oh The Department of Motor Vehicles. We all have to go to the DMV at some point in our lives. Today, I ventured to the one in Brooklyn. I was prepared to wait and be annoyed like I usually am at the DMV. Plus, it didn't help that everyone I spoke to in the morning were like, "OOOH! Have fun at the DMV. It's like no DMV you've ever seen before." Ummm... it sounded like the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz was going to greet me at the door or something and then I'd melt away while she cackled at the fact that she wasn't the one turning into a puddle on the floor!!!!


So, I got to the DMV prepared to do battle. Honestly, I thought they'd reject me. First of all ... reading the DMV website was just annoying. It's like just give me the list of what I need! Don't have me click on this link and that link to know what to bring! Oye! Anyhoo, I thought for sure I was missing a document. So I walk in and I think, "Who is going to reject me first? Okay. Three rooms. I'm guessing the one with the line is where I start." Ding Ding! I win the door prize for figuring that out. Anyway, to make a long story short I wasn't rejected! I spent a whopping one hour and maybe 15 minutes at the DMV. Everyone was super nice. Nobody was rude. Even the people waiting for their number to light up on the screen were chill. Speaking of numbers ... I kept thinking of Bingo! When they finally called my first number I wanted to jump up and yell "BINGO!" I didn't though. I figured everyone would look at me like I was a crazy person.


Lesson here. Don't be afraid of your DMV. I walked out of mine with a smile and a temporary drivers license. And for those of you wondering .... I have zero clue if I took a good picture. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment