Saturday, December 17, 2011

ABCDQ123 .. the MTA

So ... I've been in NY for less then two weeks and am really enjoying using the MTA. Now, to be honest ... I wasn't a big CTA fan. Chicago is built differently than NY. I like New York's grid. I find the subway in New York is a ton easier to use. However, I have learned a few things:


1. I can't read on the Subway like everyone else.
2. I think half the people who try to swindle money from you on the train are lying about why they need the money.
3. Wear layers. It's easy to take off a scarf and coat. A sweater ... a bit harder when you are packed like a sardine on the 2 Train.
4. Love the musicians that play their instruments or sing for you on the platforms. They are AWESOME! I mean who doesn't like some salsa music at 9am!? 
5. People-watching on the subway is super fun. I forgot how much fun it is!
6. I am now used to the message about "Look out for suspicious packages and report them..." 




Bottom line ... so far I'm enjoying the subway and am not missing my car ... yet. I feel more free. Ask me how I feel about being without a car in three months. I'll let you know if my opinion changes.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGFqSkNjHk

No comments:

Post a Comment