Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Find The Beat Again

Finding the beat again. That's what I'm trying to do. As you all know I started a new job last week. While everyone has been amazing, supportive and patient ... it has been a bit overwhelming. There were times last week where I found myself a little dazed and confused! BUT ... I think I may be finding the beat again thanks to a lot of cheerleaders and my co-workers. 
New jobs are always challenging at first but this job is pretty new to me in terms of it not being for a live newscast. So, finding the beat has been a bit challenging sometimes. At times I'm waltzing along. Then, there are times I turn into that spastic dancer you see dancing all alone and you're thinking to yourself, "Oh my lord. What in the world?!" Sometimes I forget the steps to a dance, but then my co-workers show them to me again. Sometimes they have to show me a few more times because well ... I forget them. The good news is I know I'll find the beat again.
So, as I took the train home from work today, my iPod shuffled to Sugarland's "Find The Beat Again." I found myself tapping my toes and bobbing my head as some loud people at the other end of the car debated Caribbean food. 
So if you are having a tough time or a tough day and things just aren't going your way remember ...
Hey! (Hey!)
Things are lookin' better now
Hey! (Hey!)
Nothin' lasts forever if you open up your heart and let it in ...
You'll find the beat again

No comments:

Post a Comment