Monday, December 19, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg6vc66foXE

I made it through my first day of work! While it was overwhelming (and am sure will be for the next month as I learn my new job), it was a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious first day! Wow, that is a long word.  I don't think I could have asked for anything more from a first day ... minus the normal computer/human resources glitches that usually come with your first day at a new company. It'll all take care of itself in time. Plus, I'm sure it doesn't help that most people are on vacation for the holiday!

Anyway, it was truly a great day! My co-workers have been really awesome and so was everyone else I met throughout the day or talked to on the phone. I learned some new things about the company as well, and am very excited to learn this new job and conquer the challenges that come with it.

My friends and family also made this day very special. I couldn't check email or texts very often, but when I did there was always a friendly "Good luck" email or "Thinking of you" text. Then I came home to an early Birthday present that brought tears to my eyes. I also had a nice, but quick chat with my parents and bestie.

While it has been a great day it's been an exhausting one too. So ... I'm off to bed to get some zzz's before I head back for Day 2 tomorrow morning.

And remember ... don't forget to wish upon a star tonight ...


Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires 
Will come to you

No comments:

Post a Comment