Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Day Before

The day before. The day before what you ask? Chemo! Let’s catch you up. I had my port placement Friday! I was super excited to get my “Power Port” since last time I kicked cancer’s booty I didn’t have one.

Needless to say… the excitement of the port wore off when I realized the amount of pain I was in. Good lord! I expected some pain and a lot of discomfort. Instead I just got pain! I’ve been taking Tylenol and it helps a tiny. However, it’s been a few days of not much sleep and pain. In the end I know it’ll be worth it and the pain is temporary. I know my "Power Port" will be fabulous. 


In the meantime, I started my pre-meds for chemo tomorrow. That’s right. I’m warming up my swing!  The Wizard gave me my cocktail. I’ll have Docetaxel, Herceptin and Perjeta together for 6 cycles every three weeks. After the third cycle we will see if it’s working. I’m feeling alright about the combo. I’m just ready to get started and hope I have zero allergic reactions. The drug is in a similar family to the Taxol (boo) that put me through two allergic reactions in 2016. The infusion team says I’ll be okay. 


I’m doing pretty good mentally. I had a moment of like 5 minutes of sobbing last night. Nothing really sparked it. I just had a moment. So, what does a gal do to cheer herself up. I can’t workout or bend over so I got a mani/pedi! Now I’m back home just chilling. Gotta be ready for my turn at bat! Thank you again everyone in the stands. Remember to social distance. Speaking of which… my COVID test came back negative.


I hope YOU all are doing well. Be your own advocate and take care of YOU. As my friend Scott messaged me, “You are ImPORTant.” Get it? It made me LOL and smile.



“Health is the greatest of God’s gifts. Every day we’ve been granted it hangs on a thread as fine as a spider’s web… and the smallest thing can make it snap. Leaving the strongest of us helpless in an instant. And in that instant hope is our protector…”  

No comments:

Post a Comment