Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Double or Single?

June 29, 2020


It’s a new week. In one week I start my new job! Yippee! I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about the new show I’ll be working on. I’m also excited about going back to work. 

Let’s focus on this week though. This week… I get keys to my new apartment and an MRI. I’m also waiting to hear if my movers will ever show up. *insert eye roll*  You’d think a cancer diagnosis from a client would light a fire on their booties… but radio silence. I know they find me annoying… continually pushing them to get my belongings out of storage in NJ, onto a truck and here to Chicago. I mean it’s just cancer right? LOL. Speaking of which… double or single.

Double or single is the question I left off with in my last post. I had just met with both my surgeons. They both suggested that only my right breast go. My tumor is in my right breast. However, I talked to some warriors who went through mastectomies. I also did some online research. My gut told me to do both. I am still waiting for a test result and do have that upcoming MRI Thursday. However, I don’t feel the need to wait to hear what those results are. I want both my breasts gone. Not only will it give me peace of mine cancer-wise, but reconstruction wise I think the new boobies will be better off as a pair. I updated both surgeons today about my decision. I thought the decision might be hard. However, for me, it wasn’t. Bigger risk… but hopefully bigger reward. In an odd way, I’m looking forward to getting rid of the boobs. I’m looking forward to cutting out the cancer.  I’m looking forward to my new normal…as we all try to adjust to a new normal amidst the pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment