Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's Kinky Time!


Hello! I hope everyone is having a kinktastic evening. I just did! Yes, you guessed it. I went to the first preview of Kinky Boots!  This is now the second time I’ve blogged about this amazing show. The first was last year when I won a contest to see the final dress rehearsal in Chicago. As you can imagine, I’ve waited a tense-filled few months to finally see the show on Broadway. My mother was like, “Jess. You already saw this show!” However, I explained that the show is not “locked in” ... that it surely had changed between Chicago to Broadway. Let’s just say it’s even better!

The sex was in my heel (be it a tiny heel) as I walked my booted feet to the theatre with some friends. I had talked the show up so much to those with me that I was fairly positive that they ... and everybody ... would be saying, “Yeah” by at the end of Act 2. 

Step one is always getting people into the theatre in the first place. However, it was packed! I’d never been to a first preview before, so I wasn’t sure just how packed it would be. I think the sold out audience would agree when I say that once you enter the land of Lola you never want to leave! The partial standing ovation Billy Porter (Lola) received after “Hold Me In Your Heart” just gave me goosebumps. I’ve always wondered what that must feel like for the performer on stage. Anyway, he and Stark Sands (Charlie) really do know what women want. I think I heard some swooning from the people behind me! Wink, wink.

I know most of you reading this have not seen Kinky Boots yet. You're probably wondering why I’m writing so weirdly. Well, I have incorporated some of the songs that are in the musical in this blog! Yep. That’s right. You’ll just have to run to the Al Hirschfeld Theatre to hear them. Take what you got in your wallet and go buy a ticket if you can. Slip on your stiletto’s and go! The show will raise you up and inspire you to just be.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CAST, CREW AND CREATIVE TEAM OF KINKY BOOTS

No comments:

Post a Comment