Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Gift of You

Good morning! Merry Christmas Eve to all of you celebrating! I don’t celebrate Christmas but I do celebrate the gift of another year. Today begins the final week of 2017. Can you believe it!? I can’t! 2017 went way too fast… just like this holiday season. As I wipe the sleep away from my eyes and brew some coffee, the cold brisk air coming in from outside has me thinking and reflecting. 

2017 was a year of adjustment for me. I wrapped up my major cancer treatments in August. Adjusting to life after cancer has been, and continues to be, a journey. “Some days you wake up and feel amazing. Other days you wake up and don’t know if you ever felt okay in the first place. That’s okay! You’re in recovery,” one friend said. Everyday, I remember that simply waking up is a gift. A young woman I know isn’t waking up today. She lost her fight against cancer last week. Her emotional memorial service was yesterday. She spread light, hope and faith. She was one of the people who inspired and cheered me on during my fight. She was a gift. 

We are all gifts. Your family is a gift to you. You are a gift to them. As you unwrap presents remember that the biggest gift is you and what you put out into this world. If you are struggling…remember you are a gift from God. You are not alone. You matter. What you do matters. The kind of energy you radiate into the universe matters. Your actions on social media … on the street … in person...everyday… matter. You matter to those blessed to have you in their lives. Why? You are a gift that cannot be duplicated. 

Happy Holidays to you all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment