Monday, November 25, 2013

Just Be

Sometime’s you just have to be. If you know me ... I mean really know me ... you know I’m always running around or have something to do. I think it’s in my blood. Maybe I’m used to always being on the go with a list of errands because that’s what I’m used to. 

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started to write things down. My daily “To Do” list. I like seeing items being crossed off. It makes me feel accomplished. I even put “Go To Work!” However, I didn’t work today. It’s my Sunday! My “To Do” list looked a little like this today.

  1. Go to a barre or pilates class (I’ve been eating a lot lately. Shhh! Don’t tell anyone but I baked cookies and am consuming the gluteny goodness as I type).
  2. Get a mani/pedi for Thanksgiving 
  3. Book car for airport
  4. Pack
  5. Do laundry
  6. Start Christmas cards (Chanukah and Turkey Day cards were already sent)
  7. Go out at night and do something
  8. Pick up my Rx

I’m usually pretty good with my list. Today, not so much. I didn’t go to any class AND I had three to choose from. I didn’t get a mani/pedi. Now, I have to do that tomorrow before work at 3:30pm. I also have to do no. 7 and no 3 tomorrow. I did start packing and I did do laundry, but I did not finish Christmas cards. I didn’t go out either. The going out part was the indecisive me. If you know me well you know how difficult it is for me to make decisions ... even the smallest ones. I had high hopes of going out tonight. I am a real homebody. I love being home. The cold weather we’re having in New York doesn’t encourage one to go out either. BUT, I did ask some people about going out. All were in for the night. Others were working. One person was a maybe. So this was my night as I tried to decide whether to go out.

  1. Wrote a couple more Christmas cards
  2. Drank wine
  3. Baked cookies 
  4. Eat cookies
  5. Continue my Gilmore Girls marathon
  6. Text friends in hopes of encouragement to go out
  7. Shower
  8. Get dressed and ready to go out
  9. Get back on the couch and watch Gilmore Girls (I have the entire show on DVD)
  10. Put on make up
  11. Watch more Gilmore Girls
  12. Eat veggies
  13. Drink cup #10 of tea  ... in front of the tv  ... watching Gilmore Girls (FYI: I’ve had 3 different types of tea today)
  14. Eat more gluteny cookies (I took some gluten cutter my dad gave me this year. Not sure if it works, but I like to pretend it does)
  15. Decide to stay in
  16. Text my friends with my decision. They’re probably all like “Thank God! She finally made up her mind and will stop asking me!” 
  17. Get back in comfy clothes :)
  18. Decide to write a blog about staying in ... while watching Gilmore Girls

So bottom-line. I did not accomplish everything on my “To Do” list. I didn’t go, but I am slowly learning that It’s okay to just be. Oh geez... now the Kinky Boots track “Raise You Up/Just Be” is in my head.

19. Listen to that song on my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment