Monday, July 16, 2012

In Full Bloom


Well hello “Fuck Yeah Nick Adams,” Nick, and those who read my blog. This is a special blog entry for a very special cause. The “In Full Bloom” A Benefit Concert For The Wishing Kids Foundation is August 6 at the Birdland in NYC. I had thought I’d be able to go to support this great organization and see some amazing performances (Go Nick!). So, I purchased tickets. Then I learned I’d have to work the night of the event. That’s how the gluten-free cookie crumbles sometimes. So I turned my frown upside-down and turned my disappointment into something positive.
I’m not allowed to send in a video for the Biggest Fan Contest that “Fuck Yeah Nick Adams” is having ...well, they know why.  However, it’s fun watching the entries come in! So far there are only two. They look fab! For those who are on the fence and are a bit shy about submitting a video about why they’re Nick’s biggest fan ...well, I get it. I just had a flashback to my Bat Mitzvah video ... when the videographer (who looked like Jack Wagner) asked me to say something about the day. Um, let’s just say I was one big dork! I laugh hysterically at myself and the things I did and said when I watch the video. I remember doing some weird chicken dance, talking about my “ditto blaster,” and saying words like “cool.” I also remember my dress. It had a Priscilla hot pink bottom that poofed out. However, being a little dorky at times is who I am. That’s what I celebrate the most about Nick.
I wouldn’t say I’m Nick’s biggest fan because I’m sure his mom is. I moved to New York in December, so I’m a bit behind on supporting Nick through his career. I never got to see some of the shows he’s been in, like Chicago and Guys and Dolls. I didn't live here. I am a Nick fan though. Being who you are is something that I think makes Nick, Nick. I haven’t met him yet, and hopefully one day will. But through his vlogs and stories I’ve read  ... he seems like a guy who inspires people to just celebrate who they are ... someone who has worked hard to be where he his ... and someone who is very grateful to those who support him and have helped him on his journey through life .. and someone who gives back.
Okay, that was cheesy. Yes, I am one to celebrate my cheesy-ness. Just ask my friends. I don’t care how cheesy I am. It’s what makes me, me. We all express who we are in different ways. Some of us do it on camera. Some of us put it in writing. Some do it in front of hundreds of people on Broadway or in an orchestra hall.  Some people do it in the way they give back to their community or to charities they donate to.
The “In Full Bloom” A Benefit Concert For The Wishing Kids Foundation is just around the corner. The Wishing Kids Foundation is an organization that provides a sense of comfort and support (financially, etc) for those fighting cancer or other terminal illnesses. I know cancer has, unfortunately, been part of many people’s lives in some way, shape or form. Together, we can help fight cancer ... and help make the lives better for those battling illness and their families. No, this isn’t a pitch to go donate to this organization. This is just a little blog in honor of a great organization ... and to Nick ... and to people like him who have touched people’s lives in one way, shape or form.
So... “Fuck Yeah Nick Adams” followers .... go make your video! As Madonna would say, “Express Yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment