Friday, March 16, 2012

Kiss Me I'm Irish... well for the day at least!

St Patrick’s Day. It’ll begin here in NYC in a few hours. It’ll be my first St. Patty’s Day in New York. No, I won’t see the Chicago River run green ... or throw down some Reuben Rolls at the County Clare ... have the beer sampler at Titletown Brewery ... or have a side of green chili salsa with my Jameson Whiskey (Nora I’ll have a shot for you). What I will do is try to come up with a new tradition for New York. However, I’m a bit overwhelmed with my choices since New York is as big as the Pot O’ Gold at the end of the rainbow Leprechaun Larry is standing guard by. I do know I plan on making my gluten free Shepards Pie and plan on going for a run. It’s what to do after that that baffles me. Should I hit a parade, hit a pub, see some Irish dancing (cue the Lord of The Dance music for my mom here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRkU6ipZ8Q&feature=related) .. have a Shamrock Shack... or do nothing Irish at all? My blog followers ... it’s up to you to choose my New York St Patty's Day tradition.
So as you think about that ... put on your “Kiss Me I’m Irish” shirt  ... and do a jig because it’s Saturday AND St. Patrick’s Day ... here’s a little toast from me to you.

May the Luck of the Irish always be with you .... and
Here’s to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a brother.
And if you drink, drink with me.
Glasses up!
*click the link below for a song from my favorite Irish group

No comments:

Post a Comment