Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It’s Valentine’s Day everyone! Happy Cupid’s Day! I don’t know how I feel about this holiday. As a child I LOVED going to school and handing out cut-out Valentine’s and sticking them in the handmade paper envelopes we pasted to the front of our desks and decorated. As an adult, I’ve never experienced a true Valentine’s Day with the candlelight dinner, roses, etc... or whatever society says couples are meant to do. I’ve had fantastic Valentine’s Days with friends and sorority sisters. Oh... that Valentine’s Day at The Sandbar was a blast! I wonder where that paper went where we wrote down what was happening all around us went? Let’s just say it was a good time.
However, Valentine’s Day often has some people sad and thinking about the love that they don’t have. So I don’t have a special person to send me roses. Who cares! I have a handful of close friends that are like family to me ... a loving family ... and lots of love to give. I sent out my Valentine’s (yes I do send out actual cards still with stickers and everything) and have had a piece of chocolate today and got dressed. Now, I was going to wear a red dress to work. I have two fantastic red dresses, but then thought, “Ummm... overkill.” So I’m wearing black pants and brown sweater with a black big heart in the middle. LOL. I literally just laughed-out-loud at that. I went from red to black. But hey ... I like it and I think it’s the second time I’m wearing pants to work on a work day! 
So if you’re all alone on this Valentine’s Day try not to drown your sorrows in a bottle of wine (a glass or two is fine) ... treat yourself... eat whatever chocolate you want ... and think of all the love in your life you do have. It’s a day to celebrate whatever kind of love that is in your life ... because if you are loved and do love ... well... that’s probably one of the best gifts anyone can give you this Valentine’s Day!

And PS.. Best quote ever by an unknown person. "I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."
xxxoo
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment