Sunday, May 14, 2017

An Ode To Mom

Thank you for being there and saying you care
For cheering me up when a boy I liked didn’t care
Thank you for the words of advice you think I don’t hear
For cutting me slack when I don’t understand Shakespeare
Thank you for picking on what I wear
It’s just another sign that you care
Thank you for making sure I know I always feel loved
It warms my soul, like an Ugg winter glove
Thank you for driving me city to city
This as I pursued a career with my sidekick kitty
Thank you for getting my Cabbage Patch Kid
Don’t think I forgot, what you did.
Thank you for teaching me Hebrew in school
Even though I broke rules and wasn’t your star pupil
Thank you for leaving me voice messages every night
For reminding me to shine in my own spotlight
This poem could go on and on … cause mom… you’re the best around
To all mothers in every town
You all deserve a diamond crown
So sons and daughters if you’re reading this
Call your mom or giver her a kiss 
Happy Mother’s Day


No comments:

Post a Comment