Monday, April 10, 2017

Yom Tov

It’s Monday! Happy Monday everyone. It should be. However, I woke up this morning with tears on my cheek and a pocketful of anxiety. Oy vey! So, I said “Screw you anxiety!” I took a few deep breaths and hit snooze. This was not how I wanted to start the beginning of my favorite Jewish holiday… Passover! I wanted to re-set this day and the tone of it. So, 8 minutes later my alarm went off again and I’ve decided to start it with an F(#)!% You to anxiety, a cup of tea, a handful of Dark Chocolate Powerberries from Trader Joe’s and a trip to a spin class I haven’t been to since my chemo days. Take that anxiety! 

Passover is my favorite Jewish holiday. I have so many fabulous memories of my grandma, Seder and my family just having a blast over our abbreviated Haggadah. I usually am home for the first night of Passover. This year I will be at work. Last year (Passover was later in April) I was stepping out of O’Hare airport and onto my new path as a newly (less than 24 hours new) diagnosed cancer patient to celebrate the holiday with my family. I’m a bit annoyed that cancer has screwed with my happy Passover memories. So, I’m making this Monday a marvelous one and this first night a celebratory one. I’m allowing my anxiety tears to fall for one more minute as it’s okay to feel what I’m feeling. It’s not okay to let it overcome me and mess with my day. So, as I take a sip of my tea I hit re-set as I hit “send” on this blog.  


We should all celebrate something this Monday. We have all made it to another week. We all can find something to be grateful for as we rise out of bed. What am I grateful for? I am grateful that I am not on the path I was last year. I’m taking a right turn onto a new, less mountainous path. The Angel of Death passed over me. I’ve left the hell of Egypt, that the Jewish people endured thousands of years ago, and am making my way to the Promised Land. I am moving forward. Have a marvelous Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment